Wednesday, May 2, 2012

GF Boterkoek


Okay, so for the past few days I have been trying to figure out a way to make a good boterkoek but gluten-free...and I think I have found it! :) My mom decided on the measurements (So I must admit not everything is my idea) ;)

9" Round Pie Plate

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups white rice flour
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup tapioca starch
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp almond extract
3/4 cup butter-softened
1 egg

Directions:
  1. Mix the white rice flour, almond flour, tapioca starch, xanthan gum, baking powder, and sugar.
  2. Beat the egg in a cup and save a tiny bit to rub on the top of the boterkoek.
  3. In an electric mixer, mix the butter, egg and flour mixture together until it forms a ball.
  4. In a round pie plate spread and press the dough down evenly. Then rub the remaining egg on top.
One is gluten free and the other is made with wheat! (but i think one tastes better but that's probably because I can't actually compare and the last time I had a regular piece of boterkoek was probably 6 months ago ;)


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your recipe.

    How long do you bake it for though - just like a wheat one at 350 Fahrenheit for 30 minutes?

    ReplyDelete