Monday, April 30, 2012

5 months being GF

   About 6 months ago I had a doctors appointment because I was dizzy all the time and well she sent me for blood work for Anemia and Celiac Disease. I was totally flored when she said Celiac disease and I just laughed. I thought she was nuts, quite literally. I had no symptoms (or so I thought) and so I figured oh well get the test done and it will come back negative. So 2 weeks later I came back for the results. Sure enough I had Anemia AND Celiac! I was so shocked. The doctor told me I would have to go for a biopsy to 100% proof it. She told me that anemia was connected to Celiac disease and that it would most likely be cured.

   So now 6 months later and 5 months of being totally off gluten (except for the times where I by accidentally had some) I am a new person! And I'm not joking. I feel amazing, so much energy for life! I always feel great after I eat (no bloating, sharp pains in my shoulder when I breathe, and no joint pain = feeling amazing!!!) About 1 month ago I noticed my hair changing. At the time I had curly hair, like perfect ringlets and all! My hair started going straight...STRAIGHT! At first I was upset, I loved my curls. But after a while I knew I had to embrace it like all of the other changes in my life. So I decided to cut it short! Yah its a bit wavy but nothing like when it was curly.
Before it went straight

And after it went straight

   So all of you people who have stomach pain, bloating, joint pain, or really any pain its most likely an allergy to something if it continues everyday and constantly. And even if you don't, being of gluten will still make you feel better, it's healthier and the wheat that you are eating isn't the same it used to be 50 years ago. I recommend anybody to go off of gluten to just be healthier! Some people say it is hard to do but I took it on with excitement and adventure! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment