Thursday, February 23, 2012

Gluten Free White Bread

Okay so I was so excited when I heard that you can buy a bread machine that has a Gluten Free cycle on it, and well I just had to have it! So i bought a Black&Decker Bread Machine. I'm really excited about how my very first loaf of bread turned out and how it tasted! Delicious! :) (By the way I got this recipe right out of the book that the bread machine came with.)

Gluten Free Bread, 3-lb. loaf.
2 1/4 cups water (80-90 degrees F)
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1/3 cup canola oil
1 1/2 tsp vinegar or cider vinegar
3 cups white rice flour
1 cup dry skim milk powder
2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup potato starch
3/4 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
4 1/2 tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 tbsp. xanthan gum
3 1/4 tsp. bread machine yeast

1. Measure ingredients into baking pan in the order listed, making sure yeast does not touch the liquid.
2. Insert bread pan securely into unit; close lid. Plug into electrical outlet.
3. Select Gluten Free setting (#6 on the Black&Decker), appropriate loaf size (3-lb.) and desired crust color (I did medium)
4. Push Start/Stop (1/0) button.
5. The complete signal will sound when bread is done.
6. Using pot holders, remove bread pan from the unit and carefully remove bread from pan. (Kneading paddles may remain in bread. Remove paddles when bread has cooled.)
7. Allow bread to cool on wire rack until ready to serve (at least 20 minutes).

This bread actually tastes like real bread! It's been a while since I have had bread with wheat in it but I can tell you that it does because my mom says so haha:) Anyways I want to show you a comparison as to what I used to eat, it's quite hilarious!
This is just the package just wait till you see the bread size in comparison to the bread that I made!
So obviously the one in the middle is the bread from the store. I'm not gonna lie it does taste really good. But it only tastes good toasted and with nutella on it because it is a sweet bread. So I am excited to eat my home made bread with ham and cheese! I haven't had a ham and cheese sandwich for a very long time and I can't wait! :) I hope you have fun making it and eating it as much as I did and will!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment